20 January 2010

Booking It




I love love love love love to read. Did you get that I love to read? So I've decided to join Fish Mama's "I'm Booking It in 2010" challenge. My goal is to read 60 books this year and do a one blog summary about each of them.  Reading the books will be a breeze; the summary, well, not so much. Here's my January and February reading list:

  1. Haruko: Love Poems by June Jordan
  2. The Darker Face of the Earth by Rita Dove
  3. The Wake of the Wind by J. California Cooper
  4. The Complete Guide to Close-up and Macro Photography
  5. Black Wings and Blind Angels by Sapphire
  6. To Repel Ghosts: Five Sides in B Minor by Kevin Young
  7. I Wish I Had a Red Dress by Pearl Cleage
  8. Quilting the Black-Eyed Pea by Nikki Giovanni
  9. We Are the Ones We Have Been Waiting For by Alice Walker
  10. Wild Stars Seeking Midnight Suns by J. California Cooper
  11. Letters to a Young Sister: Define Your Destiny by Hill Harper (wasn't at the library so i will read in March...)
If you've decided to start "booking it" this year, leave a comment and let's follow each other.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am returning the favor :-) I love your idea of doign a blog summary of each book! Good idea!

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

I can't wait to see your book summaries! Some of your selections listed seem really interesting!

darlin said...

Samantha if you by chance run out of books to read, I can send you some of my text books and maybe you could brief me on them? Or is that pushing it? :-)

joo said...

What a great idea! I love books, I love reading!
Will be back here for sure:)
Greetings
Joo

Post a Comment